Saturday, May 07, 2005

Fun in the Sun!

I sure hope that no one gets tired of watching Jack push his wagon.



Because that's pretty much all we do anymore. Well, that's not entirely true...We eat and sleep too, but mainly we push the wagon. I have even been unable to blog for 4 days because I've been outside supervising the pushing of the wagon.

It was so gorgeous outside today that Phillip and I decided to take Jack to Granny White Park. There were tons of kids for Jack to watch, and this was his first chance to play on all the cool equipment. We all had a blast!

Our first attempt at swinging did not go over too well, but once Jack saw a couple of other kids doing it, he seemed ready to try again. To say that he loved it would be an understatement. He adored it. The look on his face was absolute, pure elation!



Next came the slide, which was also initially met with trepidation. However, once he tried it, he loved it too, and was ready to slide again and again and again...



After all the playing was over, he pushed his stroller back to the car - backwards. I'm telling you, the kid is a walking machine. Now that he has it figured out, he wants nothing more than to just GO. Once he actually figures out he can let go of whatever he's holding on to, I may never be able to sit down again.

Needless to say, we barely made it out of the park to come home before this happened:



Bless his sweet heart.

However, a cat nap and some dinner was all he needed before he was rarin' to go again. We were actually in the process of stripping him down for bath time before we realized that he was just not ready to call it a day. So, of course we headed back outside to...



PUSH THE WAGON.

For about 40 more minutes.

I know people say this about each stage their kids go through, but seriously, this is just the most fun age! He's still very dependent on Phillip and me for feelings of security (and thankfully he still loves to cuddle), but he is also very independent and curious. At times, he even seems fearless. It is just wonderful. It's miraculous!

What a great day!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

GO, JACK!

That photo of him in the swing is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Happy Mother's Day, my friend! :) Enjoy your little one today!!!

6:13 AM, May 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home