Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Game Day In Alabama, Part 7: Everybody Loves a Parade!

If you ask Jack what he liked best about the Alabama football game, he will undoubtedly respond with a resounding, "I love the Pa-wade!" Oh.My.Goodness. He was completely enthralled. He was marching and waving his arms in time to the music (like mother, like son, huh?) and as the band approached he was jumping up and down yelling, "There's Alabama! There's Alabama!"

We were standing on an extremely busy street corner (The sidewalks are jam-packed with the sea of humanity that I have mentioned before) and actually had Jack right out front where he could see everything. Buddy was videotaping, I was photographing and Phillip and Dee Dee were sort of on Corralling Jack Duty. At one point, he slipped through their grasp and actually made it a pretty nice ways down the street, marching and clapping right along!

He had his hair ruffled and his tummy tickled by cheerleaders and majorettes as they passed by (causing his Daddy to beam proudly). He sang and danced and yelled, "Yea, Alabama!" I think the people all around us were actually enjoying Jack more than the parade!

Once the band passed, Buddy and Phillip took Jack and ran up the sidewalk because he said, "We hafta catch up wif Alabama!". They ran all the way to the quad,
with DeeDee and I trailing closely behind. (It was kind of far, based on the place we started from.) Thankfully, Jack didn't have to miss a beat. He was one happy boy!

I hope everyone enjoys the photos. I must say that it is quite difficult to find a good angle of a three year old watching a parade. Moving out in front of him was not an option or else risk getting trampled by a college student carrying a large instrument. Nevertheless, I hope you can feel the joy!




4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth S said...

In that first picture, he looks like he is about to burst from excitement. Sooo precious.

5:56 AM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger Katie said...

glad y'all are getting better. if y'all haven't bought a breathing machine yet and ever need to borrow one without having to pay to rent one we have one here...it's what coming from a family of asthmatics gets you. thanks for lending us your husband on saturday for a little while.

8:28 AM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Are you kidding? The pics are great! Of course, with that cute little face, any pic is amazing!!! =D

12:06 PM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Sure is cute...We'll have to talk & tell him you've taught him to root for the wrong team...

5:01 AM, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home