A Boy and His Alligator
Jack's sweet Auntie LaLa bought him this alligator several months ago while on a business trip in Miami. It quickly earned the title of Constant Companion and soon thereafter became the Object He Can't Fall Asleep Without. One day, I asked Jack if his alligator had a name. He looked me squarely in the face and said, "Yeah. Warmswamps." It took me a minute or two to put it together. At that time, we were reading a Little Golden Book (that had been mine when I was a little girl) about dinosaurs every night and there was a sentence in that book that read something like, "Crocodiles and alligators live in warm swamps.". Warm swamps. Warmswamps. And so he has been ever since.
As you can see, Warmswamps has provided much comfort over the last few days as Jack recovers from his illness. I snapped this photo yesterday as we had all three (well, four if you count the Swampster) settled in for our regularly scheduled Sunday afternoon nap. I couldn't resist getting up for the camera. It was certainly worth losing a little sleep over, don'tcha think?












6 Comments:
Very sweet!! Is Jack going to make it to Snoopy day? Did you get my email about lunch afterwards? Hope you are feeling better little Jack-o-bee:)
Sweet picture...I hope he's starting to feel better & you guys can go this week to school! Email me & let me know how it goes! I'll be back Sat. evening sometime--have a good week!
Jordan has a golden retriever puppy named Scooby that he has had since he was about a year old. He still sleeps with it every night. I am sure he would love me telling you about it!
Okay, something funny, I hadn't looked at pictures of Jack's room since you posted them months ago... when you commented, I went back and checked out my "inspiration." I didn't remember you having the bear rug or little trees... I guess that great minds think alike... Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!
Sorry Jack has felt bad! The pic is too sweet of him. i love those sleeping pictures!
How SWEET is that little face of his!!
Post a Comment
<< Home