A Rebel With A Cause

Christmas has come early for me this year. As has my birthday, Valentine's Day, our next anniversary, Easter and so on for probably the next five years or so. But I got exactly what I wanted.
It's here. It got here this afternoon. My new baby. My Rebel. I am afraid to take it out of the box for fear of dropping it. Or scratching it. I am like a kid on Christmas morning - all wide eyes and smiles. But I just can't bring myself to touch the thing until Phillip gets home and we can do it together! I wish he'd hurry up!
We have needed a new camera for so long. Our old reliable 2 megapixel Sony has taken over 15,000 photos in its lifetime - 13,000 of those just since Jack was born. It has served us well, but we desperately need more megapixels. And today, six more arrived. Hallelujah.
I am so grateful to Phillip for buying this camera for me. It really is a luxury that I do not deserve, but I am so thankful! Thankful that I have a thoughtful and generous husband but also that he thinks I am a good enough photographer to merit a camera of this caliber! We had considered buying something else cheaper or something that was at least on sale (because that's what we do, you know) but I just knew that this was the camera I wanted. So, we waited. And waited. And waited. And ya'll know that I am not patient! But we finally found a great deal and jumped on it. And because of that great deal, my sweet husband sprung for a few extras - a beautiful camera bag, a couple of memory cards, an extra extended-life battery, a lens care kit and a lens filter. Wow. I am blessed.
A funny note: When I called to place the order, the salesman asked, "What are you - Paparazzi?!". To which I, of course, replied, "No, I am the Momarazzi!". I think he was confused, but at least he was kind enough to laugh. I just hope that I can figure this thing out quickly so I can live up to my self-appointed title!












5 Comments:
Oh you're going to LOVE it, Mary Alice!!! I treated mine like a precious piece of china when I first got it, too, but now it's like an old friend... that I just toss into my purse and go. :)
ENJOY IT!!!
I cannot wait to see what amazing shots you get now!!!
You are too funny. Of course now we are expecting even better pics than before:) Enjoy your new toy.
Sooo jealous! You'll have to let us know how you like it. Happy Merry BirthChristEastHalloweenDay!
Wow!! (Now, really, what COULD I say, as much as I love MY toys??)
Jealous. SO jealous!
Post a Comment
<< Home