A Comprehensive Tour of The "Miss Julie's 2's" Classroom - With Your Tour Guide, Jack Duncan.
It has become very obvious over the last couple of months just how much Jack loves his school. He beams as he talks about "Miss Gweelie" (Julie), Miss Seewah (Sarah) and all his precious little friends: Tywer, Hudson, Binnamin, Sayum, Wogan, Wyan, Ella, Sellers, Bwooke, Cayine and Kywee.(I'll let you translate those - yes, sometimes he pronounces L's and sometimes he doesn't!) He is so proud of himself as he sings "God Made the Big Round Sun" and "Rejoice in the Lord Always", complete with hand motions.
What a joy it is to watch him practically leap out of the car on school days and run down the hall to his classroom, with an occasional, "See ya later, Mommy" thrown back over his shoulder. As hard as it is to know that he couldn't really care less about leaving me on those days, it is also equally thrilling to watch him stretch and grow and learn to love and be loved by so many other wonderful people.
Tuesday night was no exception. I told him after dinner that we had to get dressed because we were going to school. "Oh, but it's dark!", he replied. I assured him that although I knew it was dark, we were going to school so he could show Mommy and Daddy around his classroom. What I neglected to tell him was that Phillip and I had planned to run a couple of errands on the way to the open house. "Not school!", was his response when he saw Home Depot. "Schoooooool....Where are you?", was the more agonized plea as we sat in the Starbucks drive-thru. But as soon as we pulled up at the correct building, he exclaimed, "Yay! School! School is here!". We arrived a little early and had to wait for the families who attend on the opposite days to finish their tour of the classroom. It was all I could do to keep the little booger in the hall. As soon as we received the green light to go in, Jack ran in and immediately found his favorite toys - the animals and the school bus - to show us. He was so busy the entire time, I only got one picture of him, albeit a fabulous one - with his amazing and wonderful teacher, Miss Julie.

Always the Momarazzi, and realizing that photographing Jack was a lost cause, I focused my attention on some things in the room that were actually still for longer than 5 seconds at a time. For example, Jack's Jack-o-lantern and "Ghost" footprint. Aren't they adorable?

And then I found a lovely piece of Jack's artwork, which he very aptly entitled "Picture!".

To help the kids learn each others' names, Miss Julie and Miss Sarah put together this adorable display with their school pictures:


And lastly, I was quite moved by these photos of the kids taken during nap-time.

I am in awe that these two ladies can get 12 two year olds to be still, much less lie down and go to sleep. They all just looked so peaceful, like kids who have played hard, learned lots of new things and can rest in the knowledge that they are safe and loved - by God, by their parents and by their precious teachers. Thank you Miss Gweelie and Miss Seewah, for all that you do for our little angels!












2 Comments:
He is SO precious! And I just can't get over how grown-up he is... sigh...
hmmmm, my kid never wants to go to school. yells and flails about when 9:10 am hits. flops the entire minute it takes to get to school and then flails all the way across parking lot and down hallway. he tries to crawl up me when we arrive at his room. he doesn't know his teachers' names (and neither do i), and he hasn't once mentioned another kid from his class (there are seven). as far as i can tell he hasn't learned one new concept or word? he never wants to go to school. but at the end of the day he always wants to tell me about his craft project and the sandbox/playground. not sure why he would rather be with me, because he is usually so social. my only guess is that they don't read enough picture books because he is constantly wanting to drag books along with him to class. but sounds like you guys hit the jackpot with your school. glad to hear thatJack is having such fun. see you soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home