Friday, June 02, 2006

"If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's Easy. Peas. Black-eyed peas. No question about it."

If you are, as I am, a huge fan of the movie Stand By Me (I lost count at 100 viewings), then you know that when discussing the important things in life around the campfire, Vern Tessio revealed that his One Food was Pez, Cherry Flavored Pez, no question about it.

I was just thinking that if Jack, at this moment in time, were to join his three best friends for a hike along the railroad tracks in Castle Rock, Oregon searching for the body of a kid named Ray Brower who'd been hit by a train, all the while on the run from some guy played by Keifer Sutherland and a junkyard dog named Chopper, and then found himself sitting around that same campfire, this would probably be his interpretation of Vern's often-quoted statement. (And of course, Jack would be smart enough to bring along more than 7 cents and a comb.)

My child has been known to eat an entire can of Black-eyed Peas for a meal. And nothing else. Now that's a kid who loves him some peas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home