He Knows Me So Well.
And I guess he must love me pretty good too. Sometimes I think Phillip volunteers to do the grocery shopping, not because he has a passion for comparing prices, but because he loves bringing me flowers. He brings home a new batch just about every time he heads to the store. And I usually photograph them so I can look at them later and remember how beautiful they were, but I just had to post these because they are so "me". At least that's what Phillip said, and I definitely think I agree.
These are California Sunflowers and yes, the stems are purple. I am assuming they are dyed purple, because the water in the vase is now purple also! But look at those red blooms! Aren't they beautiful? Our den is red and purple - my two favorite colors - so I am just in love with these flowers. There is also something very "Nightmare Before Christmas" about them too...not sure what I mean by that except that there is an odd, almost creepy (ethereal, maybe?) beauty that the purple stems add to the overall flower. And I mean that in a very good way. Creepy, in this case, is a positive thing. I have never seen flowers quite like these before. And they are even more beautiful in person.
Sweetheart, thank you for remembering the little things, like flowers. You don't have to, but you do. I am so blessed. I love you so much!!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home