Everybody's Working For The Weekend.
That's right! Although I really didn't expect to ever say these words - especially so soon - I have gone back to work!
A couple of weeks ago I received a phone call from my old boss, Tim Jones, the children's photographer. Lynette, the precious girl he hired to replace me FOUR YEARS AGO (I can't believe it's been that long!) is about to pop with her third baby boy and Tim was looking to hire someone to take her place a couple of days a week. (Kristi, who has been with Tim somewhere close to forever, will cover the front office on the other three days.) He asked if I would be willing to come back on Mondays and Fridays from 9 until 2.
Hmm...let's see. A part-time job that's close to home, fun, flexible, has amazing hours and pays well. It was really not a hard decision for me to make. Add in that my mom and dad will be watching Jack for me (which makes all three of them very happy) and it was almost an easy decision to make!
Today was my first day and I was amazed at how much I remembered. I was also amazed at how much fun I had. I always loved working there, but this time around it seems different. Perhaps it's my perspective. It's not that I have to work anymore; rather, it's a choice I am making to help contribute financially to my family. To help us save for Jack's future. I would never have been able to make the choice to go back to work had I felt that it took away from Jack in any way, as being a full-time stay-at-home mom has always been what I considered to be my true calling in life. But the Lord answered our prayer to lead me to something where I could earn a little money while still essentially being a stay-at-home mom. He is so faithful!
So, here's to being a "working stay-at-home mom". I am so excited about this new phase in my life!












3 Comments:
Good for you! You will probably enjoy the mandatory 10 hours of adult time each week! Can you get us any deals on photography??? :o)
You know that it's not quite the same without your "st ends" to jam with you on the 80s music!!! I'm glad it went well-we did have some fun there at work from time to time!! Talk to ya this weekend!
How fun! I'm so happy for you!!
Post a Comment
<< Home