Sunday, April 24, 2005

Tooth Watch 2005

Ah, teething.

As many of you know (or can see from the pictures I post), Jack has had the same two bottom front teeth since Thanksgiving. Granted, these are two extremely adorable teeth, and I am a huge fan of the two-teeth grin, but we're all ready for some more teeth.

Jack has been exhibiting the symptoms of teething since he was about 4 months old, so I have been quite surprised that he doesn't already have a mouthful. At our last doctor visit, we were told, however, that his gums on the top were swollen and that it probably wouldn't be long until something big happened.

I am happy to report that today, during an especially big grin, I noticed that the right upper middle tooth is beginning to make an appearance! It hasn't actually broken the skin, but it is definitely poking its way down enough for me to see it clearly. I can tell that it's sore, because he doesn't like for me to touch his gum, and he's been chewing away on his bottles and anything else he can get his hands on (including me). Tonight, after he had been asleep for a couple of hours, he woke up screaming. I thought it might have been a nightmare at first, but soon realized that it was the Tooth. He was chewing fiercely on his hands and after I applied a little Nighttime Orajel, he went right back to sleep.

Poor little guy, I know that it must hurt. I wish I could take the pain away. I just keep reminding myself that he has to have teeth, and that this won't last forever. In the meantime, thank goodness for Orajel. Keep checking in for the latest on Tooth Watch 2005 - and catch the first exclusive glimpses of Tooth #3 right here!!

On a different note, we went to Shopryland this afternoon with the dear Denny's. Both Jack and Jake needed sandals. I would just like to report that my child has the fattest feet in the History of Ever. (And I love that.) He is wearing a 4 and a half Double Wide! (I suppose I don't need to share the jokes that flowed from the two Phillip's about that.) We actually tried a regular Wide on him and they fit OK, but his little feet were spilling out the top of the shoe! Too cute - I love Fat Feet! So...we came home with no shoes this time. I guess we'll just go barefoot a little longer. Jack continues to be fascinated with Jake, who looks like such a Big Boy now with his new haircut. I look at Jake and am just in awe of how fast they grow.

As I close tonight, I will share with you another picture I took on Friday, just as Jack was waking up from his nap. (Notice the excellent Bed Head.) I have been working with him on his animal sounds, so when I asked him, "What does the cow say?", he looked at me and very seriously said, "Ooooooooooh."

Sounds right to me!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MayMay~
I think Jack looks so much like a little boy in this picture....he's
growing so fast & changing all of the time!! Next thing you know, we'll be preparing for our second babies....whew, how time really does fly!! Can't wait until the
b-day party---
Love~Aunt Jenni

12:53 PM, April 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home