Our Lazy Weekend
Oh well. It's a glaring flaw, and I accept and embrace it. Phillip says I am free to drive myself crazy about this party as long as I don't try and get him in the car too. I can't make him any promises!
We have had a pretty slow weekend. Neither of us felt up to par yesterday, so we basically just lounged aroud all day. Jack, however, was going strong all day. I am so thankful he is better.
Friday night, we took Jack to McAlister's Deli for dinner. It's our new favorite place to eat. He had the best time looking out the window and watching everyone walk by. He is a definite people watcher - a trait he inherited from both of us. My husband, who is secretly an incredible photographer, took probably 50 gorgeous pictures of Jack eating. They are all frame-worthy, but here is one of my favorites:
And here we are, Mommy and Jack - Best Buddies forever:
And again, looking slightly aloof:
Friday was also a big day for Jack as far as Vocabulary goes. He was talking non-stop all day!! He is really enjoying flexing his vocal chords, and tries so hard to say things just like we do. He can pretty much mimic our inflection on things perfectly, and occasionally he'll get out a word or phrase that sounds just right! He is really trying to say "I love you" a lot, and I can tell that sometimes he gets frustrated when he can't get it out the way he wants to. We are currently trying to teach him to say "One!" when asked how old he is. He hasn't mastered the word, but he will stick out his pointer finger. What a smart little guy we have!
Here is Mr. Snuggable having a very animated conversation on the phone:
And here he is having a very animated conversation with...well, apparrently with anyone who would listen!
I am loving this stage so much - watching his own little personality shine through more and more each day. What a miracle he is!
Birthday Countdown: 5 days til he's ONE!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home