Monday, April 18, 2005

Those Three Little Words

I should definitely be making the bed or doing laundry at the moment, but I really just feel compelled to sit and write about what just happened while it is still fresh in my mind.

Jack has been making lots of new sounds over the course of the last couple of days. In fact, when he woke up this morning (at 5 am, the little early bird!) he was talking a lot, and Phillip and I were listening in on the baby monitor. I am not sure that either of us was even fully awake, but I remember both of us laughing out loud at some of the new sounds and phrases he was stringing together. You can definitely tell that he is paying attention to the things we say, because he is really mimicing inflection, even if he's not quite got all the words yet.

Anyway, earlier today Phillip and I were having our every morning Phillip-Just-Arrived-at-Work-Safely phone call, and we ended the conversation, as always, with the words, "I love you." I put the phone down on the ottoman, and Jack made a beeline for it.

Now, this isn't unusual, as you already know. He loves the phone. But this morning, instead of his usual, "Eh-Oh?" he put the phone to his ear and said, "I Luh-luh you!"

Well, my chin hit the floor, I immediately teared up and started clapping and squealing, "I love you too!!". Talk about a proud moment! I think he realized he had done something big because he was Beaming.

What joyous times these are! I wake up every morning with an anticipation of what is to come. I thank God for these small reminders that He is the Author and Perfector of life and that He loves to make me smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

precious, precious, precious.

9:43 AM, April 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home