Dr. Not-So-Feelgood
Jack and I went for a walk this morning with my sweet friend Jessica and her three month old son, John. The weather was lovely, the pace was slow and the company was excellent. (Just for the record, I'd like to say what a blessing it is to have so many friends and babies right here in our neighborhood, all within walking distance!)
Jack seemed to feel better upon waking this morning, but by the end of our walk he was coughing and crying. As we strolled back into the driveway, he had obviously had it. I knew then and there that our planned afternoon outing to Crockett Park with Jenni and Jake would have to wait. So, I called Jenni and she echoed my feelings that Jack should probably go back to see Dr. Keith. So, I took the only appointment he had - 4:00. (Now, for those of you who don't know, we drive about 40 minutes to the doctor. Dr. Keith is a friend from church, and when it was time to choose pediatricians, he was an obvious choice for us despite his cross-town location. Thankfully, his office is only about 5 minutes from my parents' house, so we ususally just make a day of it.) So, when I took this appointment today, all I could think of were three words: RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. Yuck and Double Yuck.
Apparently, Jack wasn't particularly happy about another trip to see the good doctor (and sitting stark naked on scratchy tissue paper) either:
And the longer he sat there, he decided that he was really unhappy about being poked and prodded again. (Or maybe he just didn't want Mommy to take his picture in such a vulnerable state):
Then I guess he figured, while he was at it, he might as well be completely honest about his lack of love for Dr. Keith at the moment:
But then...when Nurse Christy revealed the news that he had gained almost a pound since his last visit, he could conceal his anguish no more:
He is his Mother's son.
Needless to say, we received the same diagnosis as last time, only this time getting an antibiotic since this mess has been dragging on so long. We are now on a regimen of antibiotic, Triaminic and Tylenol. Poor baby - He just feels so rotten. Hopefully, we can have him back to his normal, bubbly self by his 1st Birthday - less than 2 weeks away!












1 Comments:
Hey MayMay~
Jake & I hope that Jack starts feeling better soon esp. for his
party next weekend...it's their first party bash together & they need to be in tip top shape!!! Anyway, have a great day & kiss Jack for us!
Love~Aunt Jenni
Post a Comment
<< Home