(Not Really) Baking With Grandma

Note: I thought about calling this post Sockless (Joe) Jackson, but decided against it, figuring that not all of my Mommy friends might know who Shoeless Joe is...and plus, it really just wasn't that funny. Oh well.
We went to see Dr. Keith today. Before he started the exam, I said, "I know exactly what you are going to tell me. It's viral, and there's nothing we can do but wait it out."
I seriously should have been a doctor.
10 minutes later, after a thorough examination which thankfully revealed healthy ears and lungs, Dr. Keith looked at me and said, "You know exactly what I am going to tell you. It's viral, and there's nothing you can do but wait it out."
So, basically, I paid a $25 co-pay to find out what I already knew, but mainly just to gain peace of mind that it wasn't in fact something more serious like an ear-infection or strep throat. I am so thankful for that. But poor little guy, he just doesn't feel good.
*I will spare all you faithful readers from the rant I'd like to write at the moment regarding my feelings about parents with sick babies who don't keep them at home, therefore subjecting the healthy babies to illnesses, making them sick and then forcing those of us who do keep our babies home when they're sick to stay in the house all winter either bacause our babies are One: Sick or Two: Well, and we don't want to subject them to the sick babies whose parents won't keep them at home. Aren't you glad I am going to spare you from that rant?*
Anyway, we spent the rest of the day at my parent's house and Jack played with cake pans and measuring spoons in the kitchen while mom cooked, as you can see in the picture above. He loves watching her cook, and will literally sit under her feet the whole time she's in the kitchen.
Phillip met with Impression, his old Acapella singing group from college, tonight to rehearse for two upcoming "Reunion" shows. Hee hee. Reunion shows. Are we really that old? It seems like only yesterday that I saw Phillip singing for the first time in Lipscomb chapel. That was 10 years ago, and he's had my heart ever since. (Sappy, but true.) I told him earlier that these shows will be good practice for his American Idol audition next season. I think I have almost convinced him that it would be a good idea, since this will be his last year under the age limit. Anybody out there want to help me start a fan club? We can make T-shirts and I'll even provide the posterboard and markers!
G'night!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home