The Jackson 5
It's just good to sit down for a few minutes and think about my sweet boy. I feel like we have been going at breakneck speed all weekend long! Jack continues to change, minute by minute it seems, so I wanted to update you all with the "Top 5 Funny Things Jack Is Doing At The Moment" list, or as I have nicknamed it - The Jackson 5. So here goes...
- Jack is completely enthralled with the telephone. Every time I am on it, he wants it, and every toy he owns has suddenly become his own Personal Talking Device. Even his morning Cheerios have become a telephone. Seriously, he will pick up any object, big or small, put it immediately to his ear and say, "Eh-Oh?" over and over again. Just recently, he has begun having real conversations, and I have observed him sitting in the floor with a toy to his ear just chatting away to someone on the other end of the line! (If I only knew what he was saying...)

- His favorite toy in the world is a red Folger's AromaSeal coffee can. Who would have ever thought that, with all the super-cool talking, beeping, and flashing toys he has, he would spend hours pushing and rolling a coffee can around the house. (Although I suppose he is a little predisposed to coffee, as he did reside in my body for 9 months and I am fairly convinced that my veins pump java, not blood) Oh, and he also likes to stick his face in the can and yell...good acoustics, I guess!
- Jack is now playing the "Where's Mommy's nose?" and "Where's Mommy's mouth?" game with great success. We usually play this at night right before bed when he's all snuggly. He seems to understand the the difference between Mommy's nose and Jack's nose, but mainly he just likes to grab my face and give lots of sugar.
- Which brings me to number 4: Giving sugar might quite possibly be the funniest and sweetest thing he does. He will give sugar upon request, but will also sometimes give sugar just because he feels like it. Giving sugar generally involves opening his mouth as wide as he can, attaching his mouth to someone's face, usually in the nose/mouth region, and biting down HARD while giggling and drooling. It can be painful (and messy), but it's worth it. In this picture, his fish faucet cover is the recipient of the sweetness:

- I just discovered that Jack can take his diapers off - and he finds this funny! I have been letting him lounge around in just diapers and shirts since it has gotten warmer, and the other day I went to pick him up and his diaper just FELL OFF. I gasped, and the little stinker looked at me with a sly smile and laughed. No kidding. Since that moment, I can not get pants on him fast enough! I will get him changed into a dry diaper, and he immediately starts pulling at the velcro. I suppose he is more concerned with comfort than modesty!
So, there it is - Jack's funny list. I could go on and on, but I will save some for later. It's truly amazing living with one so small in body, but so big in spirit. God's wonders never cease!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home