Monday, March 03, 2008

Welcome to the Family, Carl & Dewey!

We're very happy that you have come to live with us and we hope you like it here! Your new made-to-order-from-ebay cage should be arriving in just a couple of days. In the meantime, we appreciate you abiding the tight squeeze of the Rubbermaid tub. We'll get you out of there real soon.

You should also know that Jack named you all by himself. Being somewhat of a control freak, I wanted to give you cutesy, matchy names (Roquefort & Ricotta being my top choice) - but Jack could not be moved. He declared you Carl and Dewey, Wonder Pigs, and - so you are. So you are.

(Side note - Carl is pictured in front, Dewey in the back. And no one will be the slightest bit surprised that we did not buy these darlings from a pet store, or even a breeder. No, the piggies are actually my latest craigslist find...)

5 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

Ok, so now Jake really is the only child without a pet...he's really gonna beg now!!!

So sorry we missed life group last night-yesterday was our worst day-today is much better!

Hey, I went back to your March 2005 blog posts & saw 2 things:

1-our cute boys having their Easter Egg hunt in your living room and

2-Dreamland ribs--I have never been there--is there a stop on our way back from Fairhope??!!

I can't believe it's almost time for the trip--so excited!!

Miss you & I'm thinking this week is the week to start back at the Y. You in??!!!

12:41 PM, March 03, 2008  
Blogger Christy said...

WHAT?!?! Leave it to you guys to win the strangest (but very cute) pet award:)

4:05 PM, March 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute, but better your house than mine! I know we will have to have a pet one day, but I am really enjoying the pet-free days. By the way, are they sitting on your couch???

6:11 PM, March 03, 2008  
Blogger www.onthehomestretch.com said...

They are sooooooo cUtE!!!!

4:55 PM, March 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about saying that they resemble your mother, but then I decided not to. She never knows if I am kidding or not, and your Dad is stronger than me.

Love,
Your wise husband

1:49 PM, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home