Saturday, September 01, 2007

I love it when a plan comes together.

About a month ago on a Sunday afternoon, the planets aligned properly and I found quite an unexpected deal. An unbelievable deal.

As most of you know, we recently wrapped up a kitchen re-do. I antiqued the cabinets myself, but we did splurge a little on a travertine floor and a marble countertop. It turned out really nicely, but the one thing I did not consider or budget for was barstools. Duh. We've always had a bar area, but have never used it for eating. It has basically been a catch-all area for mail, toys, keys and other various items. You know, what a bar should be used for, haha.

I had been scouring craigslist for barstools for quite a while trying to find an old set that I could paint or re-cover. I figured that was the only way I'd ever be able to get what I wanted within my measly little budget. But, that particular Sunday afternoon, I really lucked out. We got home from church and (depite eye-rolling from Phillip, who was getting a little tired of my obsessive searching - he is a really patient man) I decided to check one more time before our afternoon nap. (I know you people think all we do around here is sleep, but I promise it's not!) I saw a set of four stools in perfect condition. They were just what I had pictured in my mind. I then saw the price and nearly fainted. My first assumption was actually that the seller had made a mistake and listed the price per stool. So, we called the number that was given in the ad and in fact the price listed was actually for all four stools - less than what we would have to pay for ONE in a retail store. I almost wanted to ask this sweet lady if she was crazy, but she was eager to sell because she was going back to school and needed the cash. She said that she had had several people email about the stools but that we were the first to call and that if we could come right away they were ours.

I gave Phillip my sweetest smile and he jumped in the car headed for Bellevue. I still can not believe the deal we got. And ya'll know how I love a deal. So much so that I just had to share the story - as well as a couple photos of Jack, who now has a new favorite place to sit and enjoy a meal - or a new episode of Diego!

Have a fun and fabulous long weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I see our best friends on the tv behind Jack!!! ;o)

12:18 PM, September 01, 2007  
Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

Beautiful! Love the stools. And you know I can appreciate a great deal, as well!

What a great place for breakfast and a snack. And one day that kiddo will be doing his homework up there. Your kitchen looks great in the pics.

7:47 PM, September 01, 2007  
Blogger Christy said...

Those look like fun!!

2:41 PM, September 02, 2007  
Blogger Katie said...

you and my husband were separated at birth. brandon gets very upset if a day goes by that he cannot check on craigslist even if he isn't looking for something...but when he has something he wants he too becomes obsessive about it.

the kitchen looks great...i am going to have to see the cabinets in person. i just purchase the paint to redo our cabinets and haven't decided if i want to antique them or just have them the off white color i got.

9:55 AM, September 04, 2007  
Blogger josh and darci said...

I'm in desperate search of some just like that.... So if you want to keep looking just for the fun of it, let me know if you happen upon another great deal :)

5:17 PM, September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home