Wednesday, August 29, 2007

To anyone who thinks that time spent napping with your kids could be better spent doing something more productive...

I would like to respectfully disagree.

I wouldn't trade a sparkly clean house, folded (and put-away) laundry or even all the money in the world for precious time like this:


Phillip snapped Jack and I like this one afternoon last week. (It's blurry because of the lack of light in the room and my considerate husband's choice not to turn on the flash - not because of poor photography skills!) This is usually exactly how we fall asleep every afternoon. All cuddled up together. I have so enjoyed this daily summertime ritual of ours and I think Jack has too. Ask him if he wants to take a nap and he will always say, "NO!". But ask him if he is ready for snuggle-time with Mommy and he will say, "Yes! I am! I do want to snuggle with Mommy!", and will then immediately run and jump in the bed. Usually, within about 5 minutes, he is out cold.

Jack, I am so blessed that God gave me a cuddle-bear. I am so blessed that God gave me you!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Blankinships said...

you are SUCH a wonderful mommy, and those moments will too soon be a memory...soak up every minute of 'em while you can! yes, you are certainly blessed to have such a sweet boy. but he is also so blessed to have such a good mommy!

6:21 PM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger Christy said...

that is AWESOME...I'd do it too if my kids would actually fall asleep. Those are precious times that you will never forget:)

6:04 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

Ahhhh, maybe I should use snuggle time instead of nap. Love the picture. It should be a definite blow-up -- blurry or not!

9:17 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger jenni said...

Precious....my boys wiggle around too much for us to try that!! Miss you!

10:36 AM, August 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is not blurry, it's artistic.

Sincerely,
Your loving husband

8:04 AM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

That is sooo sweet. I know what you mean! Ethan is my snuggle bud! But too often recently I've turned down the invitation to lay with him at night. Maybe I should slow down, huh?

2:03 PM, August 31, 2007  
Blogger JSM said...

I think that is one of the sweetest things I have seen... :)

3:18 PM, August 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home