Thursday, September 06, 2007

About a Boy.

My boy. Our boy.

Tonight, he wanted to read books. No TV, no dinosaurs - just Mommy (her camera) and a pile of books. Sometimes Mommy would read, sometimes Jack would read. (He is, indeed, a masterful storyteller.) We read for a full hour until it was time for bed.

I thought he had fallen asleep when I heard very faintly, "Mommy.... Mommy..... Mommy, please come here...". I went into his room and he burst into tears. I asked what was wrong and he said, "Mommy, my skummik hurts and it feels all better when you're here. Pwease lay down wif me." And I did. And then he placed that sweet hand on my cheek
- like he so often does - and said "Mommy, please don't ever leave me." All I could manage to say was, "Shhhhh..." And then I cried him to sleep.

I love this boy. My heart aches for this boy. I am grateful for this boy and am so proud of who he is. I am overjoyed when I think of all the possibilities that lie ahead for him, and I wonder where the Lord will lead him and what calling will be placed upon his heart. It is amazing to think that God, even now, is authoring this sweet life and that each moment, each interaction, each relationship is a beautifully written page of this boy's story.

9 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

Sweet!! I saw Jack yesterday at drop off & he and Jake were cute hanging out the window talking to each other!!

Do you want to plan next Tuesday?? Evan will be here with me but we still can visit!! Let me know!

P.S. It's almost FALL!!!

5:31 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Christy said...

I can't think of a sweeter way to spend an evening. You have a very sweet boy:)

5:58 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger josh and darci said...

Hard for me to read through the tears.... So very, very sweet.
PS- How do you get your camera to take black and white pictures???

9:58 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger The Blankinships said...

darci isn't the only one reading through tears. i love when you open up and share such beautiful words....words that i think only mommies can truly understand. great pictures too!!

10:14 AM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth S said...

So sweet! Enjoy every second of these days. Before you know it your baby will be getting ready to turn 8 like mine! Where does the time go?

7:54 AM, September 08, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

You constantly inspire me to see the "big picture" in every moment instead of just taking it at face value. What a sweet moment... you are blessed!

10:34 AM, September 08, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth S said...

Hey! Missed you at the Connect service today at N. Blvd. So sorry Phillip is sick. Get better!

11:09 AM, September 09, 2007  
Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I don't even know you or your little guy, but that was so sweet, it made *my* heart ache. What a precious little boy you have. =)

8:27 AM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger JSM said...

He is SOOOOO precious... which does not surprise me at all, considering who his Momma is :)
LOVED getting to see you and catch up...
Miss you & love you!

6:19 PM, September 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home