This Is My Life
A couple of years ago, I didn't know how fun it could be to play trains all day in my "jimmies". And I didn't know how peacefully Thomas and his buddies could co-exist with dinosaurs. (At our house, the island of Sodor looks more like Jurassic Park with its own private railway.)A couple of years ago, my order-oriented brain never imagined how much I'd love having my rug covered wall-to-wall with toys. And I also didn't know how badly it could hurt to step on a little plastic pre-historic caveman. Trust me, it hurts. Bad.

A couple of years ago, I didn't know how utterly frustrating it could be for a little person when those darn trains keep de-railing no matter how carefully and slowly you pull them along the track. And I didn't know how sweet the words, "Mommy, I nee heh-ulp" followed by, "Keenk ewe, Mommy!" could be and what a privilege it is to provide that help.

A couple of years ago, I didn't know how easily I'd tear up when he calls me his Favorite Mommy or when he sings "Jesus Loves Me". And I didn't know that Story Time, Biggest Kiss Ever, and Nite-Nite Pwayers would be my most favorite time of the day.

I've learned a whole lot in a little over two years. And I learn more every day. Most of all, I have learned that this is my life. These simple little day-to-day interactions. My life.
And it sure is a good one.












3 Comments:
Thanks for the reminder:) It is good to remember what a priceless gift all this mess is. My life feels pretty chaotic right now and when you've got two screaming in your ears it's hard to remember this is all good:)Love you friend
It's a beautiful life! How blessed we are to get to experience it!
It also ain't too bad hanging around and thanking God that your children are having the same kinds of daily joys you experienced when they were growing up.
Post a Comment
<< Home