Hello (Again), Autumn. You And I Need To Have A Little Heart To Heart.
I just don't understand. I have told you in no uncertain terms how I feel about you. I have extended to you an open invitation to my home - to stay year round, even. I even bought you flowers in all your favorite colors! And still you tease me. You show up with your cool, crisp breezes and chilly evenings and then you just turn around and walk away - like you were never even here at all. I can not take much more of this from you. 85 degree heat and I just don't mix. It's you I love, Autumn. And I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend (Lelan Statom on News Channel 5, to be exact) that you just might be coming back into town tomorrow. I can hardly allow myself to hope. But if it's true - and I certainly hope and pray it is - won't you please stay a while this time?
Just look - I've been working so hard since your last brief visit. Trying so hard to make things nice and welcoming for you.

I bought you mums. MUMS!! Nothing says Autumn like mums!! Oh, and pumpkins - six of them! Yeah, yeah, and I hand-picked you some gourds. A nice, colorful array of gourds! I just don't know what else I can do to make you stay.



So, I will sit. Sit and wait. Burn a couple of Mulled Cider candles. Perhaps enjoy a steaming hot Pumpkin Spice Latte (skim milk, no whip - in case anyone wants to bring me one, thank you very much) while I walk around at the Pumpkin Patch. Maybe eat some candy corn. Take in a Haunted Walking Tour of the city. Make my child try on his Halloween costume every day. And I just might put on a sweatshirt and go to a High School football game. But I'll be here - waiting. Autumn, I love you. Won't you please come back?












8 Comments:
PS. Sorry for all the wacky camera angles. I grow weary of the straight-on shot. Just trying to spice it up a bit!
You are too FUNNY!!! I too have been patiently waiting for the lovely season to come to stay. I want to wear my fall clothes and absoultely would not tolerate a straight shot into winter!! Love you friend, you make me smile.
Mary Alice, what AMAZING photos! Gettin' all Tara Whitney on us! :) Just gorgeous.
Raven, you have just paid me the highest compliment known to mankind. The whole time I was taking the photos, I was thinking, "What would Tara do?". Now, if I could just learn how to work photoshop like she does, I'd be one smokin' momma!
You have to tell me where to get the pumpkin creamer. I can't find it anywhere!
trully pathetic. spence has played in the sprinkler today and yesterday. sad. maybe A is waiting til this saturday to make it all official--just for us as we celebrate together.
I love your fall decorations, MA. And your milk glass display is stunning. Looks like you've added many new pieces...love it! And is it just me, or did you take the doors off of your hutch? Anyways, tonight is the coldest night we've had in SC so far and I LOVE it! Got my fleece pjs on right now.
Glad you posted your explanation for the dizzy shots. Was ready to question whether your grief over the fickleness of the season had affected your sobriety. (Sorry... not acquainted with Tara.)
Post a Comment
<< Home