Well, It Finally Happened And I Actually Have The Pictures To Prove It!
I tell people all the time how much I wish that Jack would nap with me. I absolutely love to nap - I am a better human being when I nap - but I rarely do because once I put Jack down for the afternoon I feel like that is my time to clean, cook, shower or do whatever else it is that I need to do. Plus, Jack prefers to be rocked to sleep for his naps - something about the daytime doesn't help him want to just lie down and go to sleep.
This afternoon, right after lunch, Jack and I were playing and "wallerin'" around on our bed.(You'll notice the wallerin' quilt in these photos - it ain't pretty, but it's flannel and oh so cozy and really good for protecting the comforter.) We were singing silly songs and Jack was pointing out all his body parts and items of clothing upon request from me and I would cheer every time he got one right, which was most of the time. He said the word "ear" for the first time, and was enjoying jumping and face-planting in the pillows. It was an all-around fun time for about an hour and a half and then all of a sudden Jack got really still. I figured that it wouldn't last long, as it never does , but when he had been still for a couple of minutes I began to rub his back and sing softly to him. Within another couple of minutes, he was out cold.
THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME IN NINETEEN MONTHS AND TWO DAYS OF LIVING IN THIS WORLD THAT JACK DUNCAN HAS JUST CLOSED HIS EYES AND FALLEN ASLEEP OF HIS OWN VOLITION ON MOMMY AND DADDY'S BED, WHICH HE HAS ALWAYS USED AS SOMETHING AKIN TO A TRAMPOLINE.
I was so excited that I actually risked waking him to get up and get the camera, but I think it was well-worth it.
I am so sappy that I was crying taking the photos. For one, because this is such an adorable Big Boy thing to do and for two, because this might mean that I will get to nap more often! And with such a great snuggle partner, I can't think of a more wonderful way to spend a lazy winter afternoon.

He looks so big to me. It seems impossible that he is nineteen months old. My, how time flies.
And if that sweet moment wasn't enough, I caught another of my very favorite "Jack quirks" with the camera a little bit later. After the nap he wanted a snack and through process of elimination we settled on crackers, which is one of his very favorite things to eat. I noticed that while he was eating, he had his feet crossed...which for some reason just melts my heart. He always crosses his feet. Sitting in a chair, sitting on the couch, sleeping...always. I feel pretty confident that he kept them crossed in the womb. (When he wasn't kicking me, that is.) And I also feel that it's very important to add that I have always had a strong aversion to feet - until Jack came along. I still don't like everybody else's feet, but Jack's are perfectly fine to me.
So, I took it upon myself so capture those adorable little feet, complete with those ten perfect little piggies (and cracker crumbs). I can hardly stand the cuteness.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any cuter...it's like he posed his toes. Good grief. Even his piggies know how to - - - wait for it - - - ham it up!













2 Comments:
I
must
eat
him
UP.
LOVE those piggies!! I'm spoiled beacuse Emmy naps with me every morning. I know you'll enjoy the snuggling!
Post a Comment
<< Home