Trunkin' With My Punkin'
We got there early and parked alongside Phillip, Jenni and Jake - the dear Denny's. My college roommate Laura Meadows and her son Nate came along as well, and Laura's husband Jim joined us after getting off work. It was quite the Family Affair!
I know everyone is just dying to see what Jack decided to be for Halloween this year, and I bet if you think really hard about it, you can guess before I tell you.
We figured there was only one logical choice, as Jack has only ONE favorite animal, and imitates only ONE animal, and calls all other animals by only ONE name. When asked the question, "Jack, what would you like to be for Halloween this year?", he gave only ONE answer. Yep, you guessed it...Jack was a DOG (or a Daaawwwwwg, as he would say)!

And let me just say that he was the cutest little Daaaawwwwg ever. The first time we put his costume on, he immediately went to a mirror and started barking at himself. Jack just knew - and we just knew that he was supposed to be a Dog this year!
Jack had a blast, eating way too much candy for a little person and posing for pictures with Mommy and Daddy.


Phillip even found an interesting way to feed Jack Gummi Bears, which Jack - and everyone else watching - found hysterical!



Jack also loved hanging out with Cousin Nate. Nate was also a Dog. Seeing as how he has five of his own, it was the logical choice for him as well! (Nate's Mommy is passionate about Animal Rescue.) The two of them at one point had all of their candy spread out all over the ground by our truck. Somehow I missed getting a photo of that, but here's a great shot of Nate, with his parents - Aunt LaLa and Uncle Jimbo.

Toward the end of the event, Jack relaxed in my lap while enjoying his first ever Sno-Cone. Actually, it was my Sno-Cone, but once Jack figured out what I good thing I had going on, he decided that he'd better finish it for me. Good judgement told me that this was NOT A GOOD IDEA. But then I decided it would was OK since Halloween only happens once a year. Although I am willing to start a petition that we celebrate it on a weekly basis.

And then it hit. The Sugar Coma. The Zone Out. That brief calm before the storm.

But dinner at Chuck E. Cheese with his Buddies and then Trick-or-Treating at Grandma and Grandpa's took care of that. I finally got him to sleep a little after eleven tonight, which is WAY past his bedtime. But that's OK with me.
It's only once a year. Only once a year.
(At least until I can get enough signatures for my petition.)












1 Comments:
I'll sign your petition!! That last photo is PRICELESS. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home