Saturday, October 29, 2005

18 Months of Good Clean Livin'


Today, October 29, 2005, we celebrated Jack's Year-and-a-Half Birthday. I can hardly believe that he has been his own little person out in this Big World exactly twice as long as he was his own little person inside of me. It seems like yesterday that he was born, yet it seems like he's been with us forever. And I suppose, in a very spiritual sense, he has. Thank you, Lord, for our sweet, sweet Jack!

So, this morning we got up and went yard sale-ing, a hobby both Phillip and I love. It was a bit cold, which made it even more fun. Waking up early, drinking coffee and bundling up all add to the fun for me. We found nothing for Jack or Phillip, although I managed to get two really expensive picture frames and a brand new purse for $6.00. Score, me.

After taking a 3 hour nap, Jack woke up and we got him all dressed up for his unofficial 18 month Photo Shoot. Basically, it consisted of letting him roam and play in the backyard while we chased him all around making silly noises and faces. I sometimes wonder what the neighbors must think of us. Here are a few shots from today's session for you to enjoy.



In addition to all of the aforementioned excitement, Jack just had his first Kit-Kat (a little early Halloween candy never hurt, right?) and he LOVED it. He crammed the whole thing in his mouth and had chocolate streaming down his chin. He certainly is my child.

We're off to carve two of the largest pumpkins I have ever seen. (Last year - to my chagrin -we didn't get a pumpkin, so my darling husband made sure that I had TWO this year - and they are huge. Thank you, honey, for supporting my love for the traditions of this time of year!) This will be Jack's first experience playing in the "pumpkin guts" which always was (and still is) my favorite thing to do. What a marvelous way to cap off such a special day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend...I'm back from my NC trip! Jack looks cute in all of the pictures & I just bought Jake those same overalls last week....we'll have to take pictures of them dressed alike!! Hopefully we'll see ya tomorrow at church! Happy Saturday!

7:07 PM, October 29, 2005  
Blogger Raven said...

He is SO precious! Hope you had a blast with your punkins! :) The guts are my favorite part, too.

9:10 AM, October 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home