Monday, May 23, 2005

The Great Anniversary Coup of 2005



Check that out.

Uh huh, it's mine.

I had thought that finally this year I was going to give the best "Birthdaversary" gift. For the past two years I have expressed my love with very thoughtful, handmade gifts - probably not the greatest gift ideas I've ever had, although it seemed the thing to do at the time. But this year I got Phillip an iPod. It was exactly what he wanted. You can't do much better than an iPod, right?

WRONG.

Just after a wonderful dinner at the Green Hills Grille - the very place we ate just before Phillip proposed nine and a half years ago - he pulled quite the coup when he lifted that sucker out of his pocket. Needless to say, it took me a minute or two to catch my breath and pull my chin back up off the floor. It was a complete surprise.

The ring is amethyst - one GINORMOUS, very sparkly stone in the middle and two smaller, darker ones on the sides. Wow. Phillip said the moment he saw it, he knew it was the piece for me. Apparently,the salesperson described it as "Hip, funky chic". Hee hee.

I just had to share!

Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'at's right purty.

9:31 AM, May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiffany's....need I say more??!!

10:01 AM, May 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Congrats on the anniversary. - toby

4:19 PM, May 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home