Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Over the River & Thru the Woods

To Great-Grandma's House We Go!

Last Thursday, my mom and I took Jack to visit both of my grandmothers. He had such a big time performing for them. It was a special time for me, as I sat watching - realizing that not only were there four generations of my family sitting in one room, but that I am so very fortunate to still have both my grandmothers at my age. Here I am at 30, with two grandmothers, ages 86 and 92. Wow.

At Nanny's house (my Dad's mom) Jack played on her keyboard (Beethoven, he ain't) and eagerly ate the cheese puff she gave to him. No doubt, he would have eaten the whole bag if we would have let him. He sat for a little while in the rocking chair that my cousins Amy & Charlie and I used to sit in when we were about his size.



After Nanny's, we went to see Ma (my Mom's mom) at her retirement village. One little lady in the lobby tried to take Jack for a ride on her scooter, but he was much more interested in her wheels than actually going anywhere with her. Once in Ma's apartment, Jack was introduced to Penny (Penny was my mom's doll when she was a little girl, became my doll when I was a little girl, and now makes her home on my Grandma's bed) and Jeremy (a doll my grandmother was given for Christmas a couple of years ago.) As you can see, Jack wasn't quite sure what to make of either of them, even though he was incredibly curious. I think he has decided to stick to friends who move and talk back! (I feel like I should add that Phillip finds the photo below to be quite disturbing, as he has a weird fear of dolls...especially ones with moving eyes like Penny's. Dolls, and Clowns - but that's another blog in itself.)



A little later on, I fixed Jack a bottle and propped him up on Ma's couch. No big deal, right? Well, Jack loves to be held and cuddled while taking his bottles, and has never been willing to take one on his own. Not today! He grabbed on, and drank the whole thing until it finally just fell out of his mouth and he was sound asleep. Unbelieveable.




It's funny to me how such little, seemingly insignificant occurrences such as that signal to me that my baby is rapidly becoming a little boy. I am trying so desperately to pay attention in every moment so that I don't miss a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home