Easter Buddies
Wednesday night, our dear friends Phillip & Jenni Denny and their sweet son Jake came over for dinner and the First Annual Duncan/Denny Easter Egg Hunt (which conveniently took place in our den).
Jenni, in all of her Mommy Marvelousness had put together the most adorable Easter baskets for the boys. (Jack's was a football and Jake's was a basketball, appropriately chosen for their dad's favorite sport.)
Jack also got an Easter pail, full of all kinds of treats like crayons, paper, bubble bath, teethers, bath toys, a stuffed duck and assorted other goodies. Can you believe that? What a sweet "Aunt Jenni" Jack has! He was tickled to death with all his cool new stuff, and he and Jake had a big time hunting for eggs. Jake, of course, is much more proficient at the actual "hunting" since he is running around everywhere, but he was kind enough to share his finds with Jack, who said Thank You by putting the eggs straight into his mouth.
Jenni had filled each egg with treats like goldfish, fruit puffs and Shrek snacks. Needless to say, both dads had fun eating eating the contents of the eggs after Jack and Jake had found them. We made videos, took lots of pictures, and created a memory for ourselves and our boys that will last a lifetime.
I am so thankful for close friends like the Denny's - friends that we can intimately walk through this life with. They sure makes the journey sweeter. I have been thinking a lot about our friends lately, and am planning to blog about them very soon. Unfortunately, I will need more time to write it than I have at the moment (I never know how long nap time will last!), so perhaps it will be written tonight after everyone goes to bed. Blogging is definitely re-awakening my inner night owl.
I am off to do laundry, mopping and dishes - chores that at one time made me cringe, but have now become a sweet service I can provide to my wonderful family. I love making our house a comfy and cozy home! Have a great day everyone!












1 Comments:
Ok girlfriend...you almost made me
cry at the sweet blog you left about us!! You know we feel the same way about you guys & we can't wait for many more days of fun with you all....much love~
Jenni
Post a Comment
<< Home