Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday I'm In Love

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday i'm in love

(Hopefully, you'll have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.)

I just had one of the most wonderful experiences of my whole 30 year old life. I was in the kitchen fixing Jack's lunch when I heard one of my favorite songs of all time (see above) come on the radio. Not only does it rank very high on my song list, it is by my favorite band of all time: The Cure.



Jack loves music, but I am not sure that I have ever purposefully played The Cure for him before. He currently prefers Beethoven, Bach and Brahms (or whatever Baby Einstein is playing at the moment).

When I heard the song, I ran in the dining room, scooped him up from his high chair and started dancing with him. We twirled, swayed and rocked and he squealed and giggled. We both sang at the top of our lungs, although Jack made up his own words. We danced until we almost fell down, and it was wonderful. I think it wore him out, what do you think?



It is definitely Friday, ladies and gentlemen, and I couldn't be more in LOVE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jami said...

Hey Mary Alice,
Thanks for providing me with yet another blog to read when I am avoiding writing papers for grad. school. Check mine and Brad's out when you get a chance. All the teachers at GAC are starting to blog. I guess we figured the kids do it, why can't we?

My blog: jamidenton.blogspot.com
Brad's: bsdenton.blogspot.com

No cute pictures posted, but. . .

5:41 PM, March 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home