Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Are you REALLY all that surprised?

For those of you who receive my (sometimes too) frequent email updates about all things Jack, the fact that I have started a blog should come as no surprise to you. After much thought - and the sudden realization that we are fast approaching JACK'S FIRST BIRTHDAY - it just makes sense that I find a better, more efficient (and less inbox-clogging) way to communicate with all of you about the daily happenings of Jack and his adoring mommy and daddy. This way, I can update as much as I like, and you can read as much as you like!

This is actually my second attempt at blogging. I began the first when Jack was only a couple of months old, felt silly about it and stopped after only writing a couple of entries. Blogging just seemed a little presumptuous. Did I really think that ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would actually choose to read the journal of a 30 year old stay-at-home mom who adores her family, has a passion for interior design and secret love for the music of George Michael? Boring old me? Come on. No way.

Needless to say, after becoming a regular blog-reader myself (and enjoying it!) I have gotten over those feelings. Welcome to the 21st century, Mary Alice. Everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't I? (And no mom, this does not mean that if everyone else jumped off a bridge I'd jump too!)

I hope to post frequently, so as to keep a record for myself of the incredible rate at which my little Jack is growing up. I know that in a few years, I will be thankful to have this documentation of the first words, steps, and acheivements of my amazing little angel.

I also plan to post lots of pictures here...hence the title of my blog. Phillip has nicknamed me the "momarazzi" because I am always taking pictures of Jack - in the tub, eating, playing, sitting, sleeping, walking, crawling. Poor thing. He probably falls asleep at night seeing flashbulbs. Perhaps I am a little fanatical, but I just feel that the rest of the world should be able to enjoy the wonderful perfection that is our Jack. Can you blame me?

Thank you for stopping by. I hope that you will haunt my little home on the web frequently and that when you do, it will make you smile.

Love,
Mary Alice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home