Well, DUH!
Why is it that I never think of Stein Mart in the beginning? I LOVE STEIN MART!!!! They always have clothes that fit me perfectly and that are affordable. I boogied on over there today, braving Brentwood lunch hour traffic (for which I deserve a medal), and could have easily bought 3 or 4 perfectly lovely outfits, but ended up buying the first one I tried on. "What does it look like?", you ask. Well...winter white pants, a thin pale pink sweater and a knee length pink polka-dotted jacket. Oh, but that's not all...I mosied over to the shoe department in search of some winter white heels, but they had none. So, I hooked myself up with (gasp) a pair of strappy pink polka dotted heels!! Yes, I did. I also treated myself to a pink pearl bracelet, necklace and pair of earrings. Now, for those of you who are concerned about the hipper side of Mary Alice who loves the Cure and wears doc martens - I assure you, she is alive and well. However, it feels nice to indulge the feminine, classy, MOMMY side of me. This is a good day.
As a side note, I added a couple of links - one is for Trent Dabbs, a local musician who we heard opening for REM a few months ago. He is awesome, and we have been fortunate enough to see him play around town a couple of times since then. He definitely has his own style, but his voice reminds me of the late Jeff Buckley, whom I love. Check him out!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home