Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Little Dirt Never Hurt!













Yesterday, we set up a fountain in our side flower bed. It is another piece we were fortunate enough to be able to salvage - this time from someone's yard who didn't want it. I plan to use it as a planter, so we let Jack help us put rocks and dirt in the bottom layer. Oh, how dirty and messy he got, but oh, what fun he had! (The above shot was totally inspired by one my friend Delia took of her daughter's hand. Thanks for the inspiration, girl!)

And those dirty little feet...so sweet.

It was definitely a family effort, but in the end, the dirty footprints on the kitchen floor, the muddy clothing that might never come clean and the brown bathwater were well worth it!

Now...what to plant??

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

I love that he "helped" you guys...we are bad about just wanting to get those things done quickly. We need to let our little guy help more too

7:34 AM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger It's a Mom Thing said...

MA - You're so creative. Using that fountain as a planter is such a cool idea. Can I steal your ideas...promise I'll give you credit. :)

7:22 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow now I'm up to date. I usually have to depend on Jerry to tell me when you have news but today I actually got here all by myself. The pictures are wonderful. I love the fountain, the cabinet, and Jack all covered indirt (of course I'd love Jack anyway I could get him). The school pictures are great - he lloks so grown up. Thanks for the info - have a great day. DeeDee

2:50 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

For Fall, plant Begonias and Pansies! If you need help, please call me. I am jonesing for some garden time! Maybe that's what's causing the blues? :o)

8:01 PM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you plant, be sure the water can drain through the bottom of each section...or plant water lilies! So good to have some Jack and Nashville blogs, again. Love you guys. And thanks to Phillip for being so faithful to check up on me this week!

6:53 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home