The very first day Calvin was here, Jack wanted to build a fort. I decided that we should take it one step further and rearrange his whole room. (Nothing is simple around here, you know.) Jack has a loft bed, so we pulled the bottom bunk out and moved it across the room. We then used the cubby underneath the top bunk as the cave and I put up a blanket for "privacy", the most important part. I can not believe that sweet dog stayed in the fort with Jack most all day. I could hear Jack just talking away to Calvin, telling him stories about DInosaurs, about how we do and don't speak to grown-ups and - the funniest of all - that it's rude to burp and toot if you don't say excuse me!
When afternoon came, Jack asked if he and Calvin could nap in the fort. I made them a nice little bed in there and, although I don't think Jack actually slept, they were nice and quiet for about and hour and a half.
Calvin, you can come back anytime!
1 Comments:
ohhhh, how sweet. c-dog looks so happy. maybe we should have joint custody of him and you should scrap that whole adoption idea. thanks for taking care of him.
Post a Comment
<< Home