"Mommy, will you snuggle me, please? Like you did when I was a little baby?"
It is because of moments like these that has just been so hard for me to blog lately. When Jack was smaller, I wanted to document everything so I wouldn't forget anything. Now, however, I can hardly spare the time to type because there is never a moment with Jack when something isn't happening - and I don't want to miss it!This summer has been a very busy and wonderful one for us. I can say with complete and total honesty that I am, for the first time in two years, really dreading him returning to school! We have just had so much fun together, he and I (and many times Daddy, too, thanks to a wonderfully flexible job) - going to the pool, the zoo, the movies. Painting, playing dinosaurs, racing cars, wrestling playing hide & seek. Taking a nice, fun-filled vacation to the beach. Snuggling up for long, lazy afternoons of reading books and napping. He is my little buddy and how I love our time together!
The other day we were playing outside, watering the flowers (and each other). We were soaked and muddy and it was about time to go in so I wrapped the little guy up in a towel. It was at this point he asked me to snuggle him like I did when he was little. (He is very fascinated right now by babies - because he is so Big! - and everything having to do with when he was a baby. He likes to hear stories all about it.) I happily obliged, so we just sat in the rocking chair on the deck and talked for the longest time. It was lovely. Such a sweet, tender moment. Lucky for me, I had my phone and was able to snap this photo. It was a little surreal to be holding my baby, remembering so vividly when the length of his body was about equal to the width of mine. And now looking down at him with those big, soulful eyes and those legs that stretch for miles. It's happening so, so fast and I don't want to miss a minute of it.












5 Comments:
What a sweet boy! A precious gift from God... I'm proud of you for soaking it all in and not letting those moments pass you by.
Boy, do I hear you!! Stephen keeps asking me why I don't blog as much anymore. I think you and I are on the same page. I don't want to miss this. Now that Jordan is 8, I know just how fast it goes and Campbell is our last, so I won't get to do this again. Okay, I am getting teary. Anyway, love you!!
can you send me your best email address. i have four and i have no idea which ones you and pj check. i never have much luck with any of them. am wanting to know if your crew can join us for dinner and games thursday night, july 24. thanks, mk
sweet picture!! miss you & can't wait to see you tomorrow!
love you!
So sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home