I'm Just Wild About Harry!
When Book 5 was released, Phillip and I were childless and carefree, so we decided to go stand in line at Borders at the stroke of midnight to get our copy. Ummm, no. We were just a little surprised by the hundreds of kids in dress robes and wizard hats running around shouting things like "Petrificus Totalus!" and "Stupefy!" at each other, also waiting for their books. We enjoyed the party for a while, then went on home to get some sleep before finally purchasing Order of the Phoenix the next morning.
We had said that we'd get Book Six sometime this weekend. We didn't even pre-order. But after a trip to Kroger earlier tonight for some groceries, it appears that Phillip will be returning there tonight at midnight to brave the hysteria with all the other crazy Muggles yet again. While shopping, we saw the display of boxes marked with the warning, "HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL JULY 16!" and we just knew that we couldn't wait.
I can't wait until Jack is old enough to read this series - maybe in, like, twelve years. I can already imagine the discussions it will spark between the three of us. I re-read the last two chapters of Book 5 last night and caught myself tearing up. Hey, when Dumbledore cries, I cry! I can't wait to sink my teeth into Book 6 and find out what happens next. So, nobody call me for the next several days, OK?
I would also like to say that I have a theory about the identity of the Half-Blood Prince. I know that most people are betting on either Dumbledore, Neville, or Snape - but I am going out on a limb and saying it's Dudley Dursley. Yep. That's what I said.
I think Aunt Petunia is actually a witch and is ashamed (or a Squib and embarrassed that she couldn't be more), so that's why she is so against anything to do with the wizarding world. So, that would make Dudley a Half-Blood...and he has been pampered like a prince his whole life. In fact, Dumbledore even says to Harry toward the end of Book 5, "You weren't a pampered little prince" (upon his entrance to Hogwarts), which I took as a comparison to Dudley...
Anyway, I know that is a random selection, but I guess we'll see. If you don't read HP, then I guess none of this makes sense to you anyway. We'll see what happens. I, for one, can hardly wait!












1 Comments:
Well, did you get it?! Dave was dying to go to B&N at midnight but didn't make it. We're just too old. ;) He got it first thing Saturday morning but hasn't started it because he doesn't want to finish it and wait another 2 years!!! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home